Thursday, December 5, 2013

diy candy canes

Hi!

I'm back with a tutorial....diy candy canes! :) Warning...these are NOT the eating kind...unless you enjoy the taste of clay and glitter! :)


For my candy canes I used Fimo (polymer clay). It's quite simple...take equal parts red and white clay and roll into logs (trying to keep them even). Take your logs and twist them gently, then place them on your work surface and gently roll them together...then twist a bit and roll again. Shape them, cut off the ends and bake (I put them on aluminum foil to bake)! Once they have baked and cooled I like to add glitter...I prefer the chunky clear kind (looks like sugar) but I didn't have that on hand for this tutorial. Cover your candy canes with glitter glue (glossy accents works awesome) and coat with glitter, let dry! They look so yummy on my tree! :) And you can also adjust the size...they would make sweet embellishments for wrapping up presents or for your Christmas card.









Let me know if you have any questions! :) Have a great day! xo
Pin It!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

These are so cute! Perhaps I'll try this myself. :-) (I will admit to a moment of disappointment when I discovered I can't eat them...LOL)

Bad Kitty said...

izgledaju njami...

Deirdre said...

They are fab Jane - did you have to put them in the oven to dry before you added the glitter glue?

Jane said...

Yes...first bake and cool then add glitter. I covered them with glitter glue and sprinkled some more glitter over them too.