Tuesday, October 6, 2015

summer favourites



I know, you're thinking summer favourites??? It's FALL Jane! I was planning on sharing my summer favourites but with my mama here I put the blog and work aside. 

So! Here are my favs!



For a body moisturizer I've been loving (and will continue to use all year round) is Alverde's Coconut Oil. When I get out of the shower while my skin is still damp I slather this goodness and my skin is velvet! And the price is awesome.



I cleanse my face with oils but when we went on summer holidays I wanted something a little less complicated (when cleansing with oils or balms you need a face cloth etc.) so I remembered using Nuxe's Face Cleansing and Make Up Removing Gel Reve de Miel years back and being happy with it.


I don't wear a lot of make up any time of the year especially during the hot summer month. I wear a tinted moisturize or BB/CC type cream, mascara and lipstick. And two lipstick shades I've been loving are Ilia's Neon Angel and Alverde's Dusty Pink. LOVE! I was so impressed with Alverde's lipstick because it's very inexpensive but the colour payoff and lasting time are brilliant. 




For sun protection I used La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL 50+ Ultra Light tinted moisturizer. 

Weleda's Coldcream is so soothing on my skin. My face at times felt tight, dehydrated (from the sun and salt water) so I would in the evening after cleansing my face put this coldcream (very little goes a long way) and it's like my skin would go 'Aaahhhh'!

I don't wear a lot of perfume (gives me a headache) but Lavanila's Vanilla Grapefruit is one of my favourites for summer and the rollerball is great for travel. 

I cannot live without my Burt's Bees lip balm. The peppermint is the only one I use. LOVE!

I also bought a mini Clinique High Impact Mascara (travel size) to take on summer holidays and at first I was like..what?!! Really Clinique!! The formula was so wet and it did nothing for my eyelashes. But after using it for a while I suppose the formula dried out a little and then it was perfect! I LOVE it now! Lengthens, thickens my eyelashes...just love it! I heard a tip somewhere that if your mascara is very wet then leave it open for a bit to get some air in the tube.






I am a t-shirt and jeans (or leggings...even better) gal and I love these jeans I bought at Zara. They fit really well...although they did stretch out...I didn't loose weight so it's gotta be the jeans which is unfortunate because I LOVE them. My mom didn't share my enthusiam...she doesn't think there's any logic in buying a pair of jeans that at ripped! LOL! She's old school. I'm almost tempted to buy her a pair....knowing her she'd whip out her sewing kit!


The top is also from Zara and I am now officially obsessed with stars! So there! 



These wedges are soooooooo comfortable!! I haven't worn wedges in forever (in the summer I'm wearing flip flops)...and if it weren't for my sister in law buying the wrong size these babies wouldn't have come into my life! ;)


I already have some Fall favourites and will share them soon.
xo



Pin It!

1 comments:

Fikreta said...

love your favorites